This post contains affiliate links.
It’s September 1, which means summer is on the way out and there’s a certain chill in the air … just kidding, it’s 95 degrees in Burbank today and I’m still all about shorts and flip-flops. BUT, The Disneyland Resort starts celebrating Halloweentime and fall on September 9. So even though it may still feel like summer in Southern California, it’s time to start celebrating all things pumpkin – both spice and jack-o-lantern varieties – and this Halloweentime and Fall Disneyland Bucket List checklist should help you do just that!
There are many exciting activities and decor that’s special to The Disneyland Resort during the months of September and October. Not to mention the food … oh my goodness, the food! Disney food is an attraction in itself, which is why it deserves it’s own special list.
Below you’ll find my numbered list of 50 activities and food items not to miss at The Disneyland Resort this fall, and if you’re visiting the park be sure to grab the printable checklist version of the list to take with you!
Items listed are from prior Halloweentime events and information listed on Disneyland’s website; all info is subject to change or not be available without notice.
- The list begins before you even get to Disneyland! On the tram from Mickey and Friends parking structure, look for the two Halloween dioramas along the way.
- Before you go through the gates, look up! Large pumpkin versions of the Fab 5 welcome you to Disneyland!
- Admire the fall colors of the floral Mickey arrangement after entering through the front gates.
- Score some Halloween-themed Mickey ears (or DIY your own before you go!)
- Grab a spirited shirt while you’re at it.
- Photo op with giant Mickey Jack-o-lantern on Main Street USA.
- Count the pumpkins high above the Main Street USA shops – no two are alike!
- Admire the character pumpkins around the Partners statue. Each one represents one of the lands at Disneyland! Can you match them all?
- Ride Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain.
- See two holidays collide at Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Pose for a photo with your favorite Disney characters dressed in Halloween-themed attire.
- Also keep an eye out for villains wandering Main Street USA!
- Stroll through the shops to see all the amazing Halloweentime decor and displays.
- Grab one of the popular Poison Apple Mugs. They glow in the dark!
- Read the dedication plaque under the Halloween Tree in Frontierland.
- Get Jack and Sally’s autograph in New Orleans Square.
- Now that the weather is cooler, break out your scarves and gloves and chow down on some gumbo in a bread bowl.
- Splurge for the Happiest Haunts Tour.
- Attend Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Take home a spider web Mickey balloon.
- Have your face painted at the Dia de los Muertos celebration.
- Trade for a Halloween pin from a Cast Member.
- If you’re staying at a Disney Hotel, add a “scare-abrations” package to be delivered to your room.
- New this year – The Halloween Classic Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55! (Although good luck getting a reservation …)
- Don’t forget a picture under the Halloweentime signs on Main Street USA on your way out.
Special FOODIE List
26. Pumpkin fudge
27. Hot apple cider
28. Candy corn cotton candy
29. Dia de los Muertos cake pops
30. Mummy crispy treats
31. Bat Mickey cookie
32. Poison Skull candy apple
33. Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino from Starbucks
34. Pumpkin flan from Rancho del Zocalo
35. Mickey pumpkin cake pops
36. Jack o’ lantern marshmallow wands
37. Ghost pretzel sticks
38. Poison Apple-tini at cove Bar, Carthay Circle or Steakhouse 55 Lounge
39. Pumpkin twists from Maurice’s Treats or Cozy Cone Motel
40. Pumpkin beignets at Mint Julep Bar
41. Pumpkin cheesecake at French Market
42. Halloween sprinkled waffle cone at Gibson Girl
43. Coffin Cake from Cafe Orleans
44. Apple Pie Funnel cake at Hungry Bear Restaurant
45. Pumpkin Muffin from Jolly Holiday
46. Pumpkin Pie at Plaza Inn
47. Pumpkin-shaped bread at Boudin Bread Cart
48. Pumpkin Spice bread pudding at Pacific Wharf Cafe
49. Caramel Apple Smoothie at Schmoozies
50. Spiced Bundt Cake at The Coffee House at The Disneyland Hotel