Were you lucky enough to register for the 2020 runDisney Virtual Series this summer? With the Parks being closed right now due to COVID-19 and runDisney events being postponed, the virtual 5k summer series was very popular and sold out in just a couple days!
I’m excited to complete the series this summer and bring a little Disney magic into my life, especially since the medals this year are themed to Park attractions!
General advice and things to know:
- Always talk to your doctor before starting a new fitness regimen.
- The standard runDisney pace is 16 minutes per mile; if you’re training aim for this time, but remember there are no time requirements for the virtual races!
- If you want to train for the 5k length, I recommend Jeff Galloway’s program.
- Medals will ship automatically after completion of the event on August 31, 2020.
- Most important: Listen to your body and don’t push yourself. Go at your own pace!
Don’t forget, you can also print out race bibs for each race, if you want! Just click here to view and print.
You can also print out start/finish signs and mile markers for each race! This is fun if you’re coordinating a group run around the neighborhood (while practicing social distancing of course). Or just put up the start sign at your house, and enlist a family member to swap out the start sign for the finish sign before you return! Click here to print the signs.
But I think the best feature of the virtual runDisney races is, you can go at your own pace! You can walk or run; spread out the races or do them all at once, etc.
Many people think they have to just get up and do a 5k … nope! Here I’m sharing 10 different ways you can complete the runDisney virtual summer series at home!
To make things a little easier for us in the USA, I am going to translate kilometers into miles. Remember a 5k is 3.1 miles. If you complete all three 5k races, that’s 9.3 miles!
10 Ways to Complete the runDisney Virtual Series
1. Walk half a mile once a day for 19 days. (That’s 9.5 miles!) It doesn’t have to be consecutive days!
2. Walk a mile every day for 9 days, then 0.3 miles on the 10th day. It doesn’t have to consecutive days!
3. Walk 3.1 miles, once a month between April and August.
4. Walk 3.1 miles, three times in one month.
5. Walk 3.1 miles, three times in one week.
6. Run 3.1 miles, once a month between April and August.
7. Run 3.1 miles, three times in one month.
8. Run one mile a day for 9 days, then 0.3 miles on the 10th day. It doesn’t have to be consecutive days!
9. Run 3.1 miles, three times in one week.
10. Run 9.3 miles in one day! (PS – that is almost a half marathon, which is 13.1 miles!)
However you complete the runDisney virtual races, be sure to have fun with them! And congratulations!