If you’re completing any of the RunDisney races this weekend at Disneyland, one thing is universal – you are going to be HANGRY afterwards! Luckily there’s no shortage of restaurants at the Disneyland Resort, and for some of my favorite places you don’t even need park tickets! So if you need to refuel and recharge, check out these carb-o-licious or protein packed options, all located at the hotels or Downtown Disney!
(All restaurant information and menu items subject to change without notice)
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
– This themed bar located at the Disneyland Hotel is a popular weekend spot for a tasty drink and a bite to eat. I always order the Kahlua Pork Flatbread and Panko-crusted Long Beans. [Not open until 11:00am – but if you’re really hungry, pop into Tangeroa Terrance next door, and then come back to Trader Sam’s after 11:00am for your umbrella drink]
– If you get to this woodsy themed restaurant inside Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa before 11:00am, the breakfast buffet can’t be beat! Pile up your plate with muffins, bagels, sausage, and of course, Mickey Waffles.
– This great character dining option inside Paradise Pier Hotel is way less crowded than Goofy’s Kitchen at The Disneyland Hotel but is just as fun! They have a great breakfast buffet and for dinner I like the Muir Woods Roasted Pepper and Mushroom Pasta Cellentani Pasta tossed with Wild Forest Mushrooms, Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce, Sautéed Zucchini and Toasted Pine Nuts.
Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria – The ultimate location at Downtown Disney for carby goodness! Any of the pizza or pasta items should do nicely, but my favorite dishes are the Mezzelune Ravioli Stuffed with sausage and ricotta cheese with butter and Parmesan cheese and the Pollo Roasted chicken pizza, with B.B.Q. sauce, smoked mozzarella, red onions and fontina cheese. If you are celebrating after the Half Marathon, I recommend the Italian Margarita! [Not open until 11:00am]
UVA Bar and Cafe
– This casual outdoor eatery has a smaller menu, but pretty much everything is delicious! I really love the Trio of Mediterranean Dips (beans, veggies, and pita bread – lots of protein). [Not open until 11:00am]
Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
– This place has a great Sunday Brunch. I recommend the Blackened Chicken and Sweet Potato Pot Pie or the Ragin’ Cajun Bacon Burger (because it’s fun to say). You can also get married here
, if completing a half marathon isn’t enough excitement for your weekend.
Are you running this weekend? Who else is attempting the Dumbo Double Dare? Who else is FREAKING OUT? I hope it’s not just me!