This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fiverr. All opinions are my own.
As a wedding blogger I see photos from a lot of weddings, and I even attend a lot of weddings! My favorite part of any wedding are all the little personalized details. A wedding celebration is more fun when the couple getting married lets their personalities shine through! Even if you’re having the most traditional wedding ever, there are still a lot of easy ways to make your wedding unique and memorable for your guests. Here are just a few ideas to get you started, and keep reading to learn how you can bring these ideas to life for your wedding and also enter to win $25,000 from Fiverr for your own wedding day!
5 Easy Ways to Make Your Wedding Unique
1. Create a unique monogram or logo. This is probably the easiest way to personalize your wedding! Have someone create a monogram or logo custom for you and you can use it literally EVERYWHERE. On your stationery, wedding website, menus, programs, thank you cards … you can even have it turned into a gobo for your dance floor.
2. Write personalized vows. This is something that trips up a lot of people but there’s no need to be intimidated! Your guests will love to hear the two of you speaking from the heart. If you have a bit of writer’s block, you can hire a professional to help you brainstorm ideas. (Hint – If you are hiring a professional officiant, they can often help you come up with personalized vows or ceremony wording, too.)
3. Include a caricature or drawing of yourselves on your invitations. We had a custom cartoon drawing done of us for our wedding that our guests still talk about four years later! It was so adorable and so perfectly us. Our artist did an amazing job on it.
4. Create a custom Snapchat geofilter. This is a fairly new offering but is growing in popularity. If you’re on Snapchat then you probably know about geofilters. Geofilters are the images you can select for your snaps that relate to your geographic location. Usually they have the city name, or store name, or landmark name. A good example is Disneyland – when you’re at Disneyland you can select from a couple Disneyland geofilters to add to your photo. Snapchat recently started allowing anyone to submit a geofilter design for a certain place and time, which means you can have one for your wedding!
5. Set the tone with a custom wedding website. The easiest way to communicate important wedding related information is through a website. Feel free to get creative with it! On our website, my husband and I included “fun facts” about ourselves and we even included our cat. And you can tie it in with your wedding theme with a custom design.
Now that you have some ideas, where do you go to impliment them? I want to introduce you to Fiverr! If you have not heard of Fiverr, it is a community-driven marketplace where you can browse for professional and creative services, starting at just $5. I actually contributed to the marketplace back when I was first laid off from my office job! I offered blogging related services and had a great experience with my clients. So I can vouch for Fiverr based on personal experience.
Fiverr offers all kind of industry services, but today I’m focusing on weddings. You’ll be able to find all of the items I listed above offered on Fiverr, starting at just $5. Some of the different wedding related items and services you can obtain on Fiverr include:
- Save the Dates
- Wedding website design
- Wedding vows
- Table numbers
- Snapchat Geofilters
- Printable signs
- Short videos
- Song lyrics
- Wedding program design
- Menu design
- Hire a virtual wedding assistant to help with planning and ideas
I recently ordered a few things to test the Fiverr buying experience!
First I ordered this cute drawing from Papamoe. I loved the style of her art, and I asked for a custom bride and groom with Disney-inspired mouse ears. I love the result! This would be super cute as an Save the Date, a wedding invitation or announcement, or blown up as a guest book poster.
I also ordered this Disney-inspired pencil drawing of Vela. I think Megustailustrar captured her likeness exactly! What do you think? I think a drawing like this would actually make a really cute wedding or shower gift!
Contributor Sandra ordered a Snapchat Geofilter for their wedding in October. We actually paid extra for a 1 day delivery, and I received it four hours after I placed the order!! Incredible customer service from Mery_Design. (Date has been blurred below for privacy.)
If you have any small wedding tasks to cross off your list, I highly recommend checking out what Fiverr has to offer. They have some really nice listings with new products and services being added every day! And you can’t beat the price.
I’m excited to share that Fiverr is holding a Wedding Sweeps where one lucky winner will received $25,000 in paid services from Fiverr to use towards their wedding! Holy smokes, that’s a nice chunk of change! I would love if someone from my community won it for their Disney wedding! It’s free to enter, you just need to record a one minute video telling Fiverr why your wedding deserves to win. But hurry, you only have until July 5, 2016 to enter!
Contest Entry Rules
- How to Enter: Participants must register with Fiverr, fill out a form on the campaign landing page, and submit a 1 minute long (max) YouTube video detailing why they should have their wedding planned out and paid for by Fiverr.
- Availability: Entry to The Save the Date contest is open to participants in North America.
- Timeline: Contest will begin on Wednesday, June 7, 2016 at 12:00 PM EST. Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM ET.
- Winners will be selected by a combination of entry votes via the campaign landing page, and consideration from a panel of Fiverr employees and other campaign contributors.
- Grand Prize: Maximum of $25,000 to help pay for the wedding. (Minimum 15% of the prize winnings must be used on Fiverr.)
- 1st Runner Up: $1000 to spend on wedding, $300 of Fiverr credit.
- 2nd Runner Up: $500 to spend on wedding, $200 of Fiverr credit.
If you enter the Fiverr Wedding Sweeps, be sure to leave a comment with your link so I can vote for you!
What are some ways you’ll be personalizing your wedding, or you already personalized your wedding?