This post contains affiliate links.
As you all know, we have been in our house for over a year now, and one of the things that I hated … really hated … about our house were the ugly ceiling lights. I very unlovingly refer to them as “boob lights” because, well, look at them … they look like boobs.
We have FIVE of these outdated ugly lights in our house, and for some reason replacing them keeps moving further and further down the priority list. I suppose insulating our attic and replacing our broken water heater are more important than replacing outdated light fixtures. But now, it has been a couple months since our house has tried to implode and I’m ready to get going on another project. I think the time has come to replace the boob lights.
The last couple days I’ve been pursuing Wayfair and dreaming up new lighting for our home. This particular style of lighting is called “flush mount” or “semi flush mount” lighting (which I didn’t know before I lived in a home with five of them) and has a reputation for being super boring and unstylish. But I found lots of beautiful ceiling light options on Wayfair! I grouped together some of my favorites below.
Decorating our Castle: Seeking Flush Mount Lighting Options that Aren’t Ugly
(Please note prices and availability were accurate at the time this article was published and are subject to change at any time.)
Bronze Lighting Options
1. Nuvo Lighting Harlow 2 Light Flush Mount – $115.99
2. Kichler Lacey 3 Light Semi Flush Mount – $250.80
3. Kichler Leighton 3 Light Semi Flush Mount – $217.80
4. Capital Lighting Midtown 3 Light Flush Mount – $137
Modern Lighting Options
1. Canarm Daya 3 Light Flush Mount – $85.04
2. Feiss Casual Luxury 2 Light Flush Mount – $174
3. Kichler Lacey 4 Light Semi Flush Mount – $322
4. Robert Abbey Jonathan Adler Parker Flush Mount – $299.20
Antique Lighting Options
1. Minka Lavery Clarte 3-Light Semi-Flush Mount – $219
2. Troy Lighting Sausalito 2-Light Flush Mount – $302
3. Livex Lighting Pennington Flush Mount – $169.90
4. Hinkley Lighting Hampton 3 Light Semi Flush Mount – $269
For my office, I am seriously considering that little chandelier-style light, the Livex Lighting Pennington Flush Mount (#3 under Antique Lights). It is the perfect way to get some glamour and drama into a room with a low ceiling. Isn’t it too precious? For the hallways, I’m really loving the Kichler Lacey 3 Light Semi Flush Mount (#2 under Bronze Lights). They are a little pricy but I think the gorgeous style would be worth it.
Need some new lighting for your space? For fun, I picked out some of my favorite table lamps below.
1. ORE Touch-On 24.5″ H Table Lamp with Empire Shade – $58.24
2. Lite Source Hennessy II 13″ H Table Lamp with Drum Shade – $44
3. NormandeLighting 7.5″ H Accent Table Lamp – $27.63
4. Lite Source Quatro Mini Table Lamp with Drum Shade – $38
Thank you to Wayfair for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.