A big announcement for all you couples planning an Escape Wedding at Disneyland! The package has been updated to include ceremonies on Fridays and Sundays for an extra fee. The most popular day of the week for weddings, Saturdays, is still reserved just for Wishes events.
This is an excerpt from the initial email you will receive from Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding if you inquire about the Escape package:
“Sunday and Friday Escapes Weddings are available for only $5,660 inclusive of tax and service charge with a 5 hotel room night minimum commitment, or $7,110 without a booking commitment from for hotel rooms.”
This is a $660 increase over the basic Escape package offered for Monday – Thursday weddings.
To refresh your memory, here is what you get with the Escape package:
- 20 people total (18 guests + the couple … vendors do not count towards the total)
- 30 minute ceremony and 3 and a half hour reception, for a total of 4 hours blocked off for your event.
- Ceremonies may start at either 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00 noon, 1:00pm or 2:00pm based on availability.
Ceremony locations include (but not limited to, and based on availability):
- The Adventure Lawn Gazebo at The Disneyland Hotel
- The Wedding Garden at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- The Brisa Courtyard at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Parkview Terrace at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
Reception locations include (but not limited to, and based on availability):
- Mark Twain Room at The Disneyland Hotel
- Wisteria Room at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
The 6 month booking window still applies to all Escape wedding events. I haven’t heard if this new information also applies to In-Park Escape wedding packages, so for now I’m going to assume In-Park Escape weddings are still only offered Monday – Thursday.