This post uses affiliate links.
We are slowly but surely decorating our little home with each passing month. Hard to believe we have been here nearly a half a year, and progress is moving so slowly. I realize this is due in large part to losing my job and everything will work out over time, but it’s still frustrating! So, while I patiently wait for money to start falling out of the sky, I will decorate via my computer.
I have such big ideas for our amazing front patio. It runs the width of our house and the arches mean it’s clearly meant to be decorated with Spanish/Mediterranean flair. Which is totally fine by me.
In decorating our patio, I drew the palette from this doormat I purchased at Target just a few days after we moved in. The colors really called to me, so I answered.
The muted colors remind me of Tuscany and I think fits well with the Mediterranean motif.
1. A Wing of Beauty Vase via Modcloth – How sweet is this little bird vase? Perfect for single rose buds from my garden.
2. Whiskey Barrel Table via Home Depot – Okay, what I REALLY love is furniture made from wine barrels. To me, there’s nothing more perfect for Mediterranean decor. I couldn’t quite find what I was picturing so I had to improvise. This is a whiskey barrel planter turned upside. Pretend it’s a little table! You know, for the bird vase.
3. Bloem Modica Planter via Target – Love the smooth lines of this little planter that matches the red in my palette almost perfectly.
4. Garden Treasures 5-Piece South Point Brown Steel Patio Conversation Set with Solid Blue Cushions via Lowes – Mr. BFT and I have actually been eyeing this patio set for several months. We are waiting (hoping) it goes on sale in the spring, but we are committed to buying it! I fell in love with it because the ottomans fit under the chairs, making it functional AND sleek. And the ottomans could be used for extra seating if we needed it. The blue cushions even match my color palette. Massive score all around!
5. Nearly Natural 5076 Cedar Spiral Silk Tree via Amazon – Erg, these fake spiral topiary are so expensive but I love them so. They remind me of our wedding reception, where we had lit spiral topiary on either side of our sweetheart table. Ever since then, I’ve known I wanted spiral topiary flanking my front door someday. Since the real stuff wouldn’t last in the shade (I’ve done my research, I’m serious about this), we are going to have to buy faux. Luckily it’s hard to tell they are fake unless you’re really, really close. Curb appeal is all about looking good from afar.
6. Smith & Hawken® Premium Quality Danford™ Outdoor Square Planter from Target – For the topiary. Everyone pairs their topiary with urns and I wanted something a little different. I think this still seems Mediterranean while also having its own little flair.
7. Summer Breeze Toss Pillow from Target – Oooh, these pretty much match my palette perfectly. They look just like hand painted Spanish tiles. They would look great as accents on the patio set.