It’s no secret that I really want to visit Walt Disney World. No, I really need to visit Walt Disney World. I NEED TO. It’s kind of completely ridiculous that I haven’t been, right? And in a perfect world, I would tack on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean while I’m already in the area. And in an even perfecter world, I would bring all my friends along with me!! Sigh … it’s fun to dream, right?
RCI recognizes this and that’s why they created the Win Your Dream Vacation sweepstakes. Studies show that simply planning your dream vacation can boost happiness levels, and who doesn’t want more happiness in their lives? (Especially on a Tuesday after a long weekend, boo. The worst.) Through RCI’s “Win Your Dream Vacation Sweepstakes,” you have the chance to win a dream vacation worth up to $25,000. A total of 40 vacations will be given away in celebration of RCI’s 40th anniversary! In case you didn’t know, RCI is the global leader in vacation exchange. (What is “vacation exchange?” Click here to find out.)
Building my dream vacation on RCI was so easy. I expected to have to decide on a bunch of details but all I had to do was answer four easy questions by clicking on an image. It took me less than a minute!
- Pick your vacation type – Do you want to lay by the beach, go skiing, go on a cruise, etc? I knew my best bet for a Walt Disney World vacation would be to click on the “Family” image.
- Find a destination you will love – Since I dream of visiting Walt Disney World, I chose Orlando, FL!
- Decide what type of trip works for you – You can choose from several “add-ons” … I love all-inclusive vacations so I chose that as my dream add-on!
- Choose who you want to go with – My husband, of course … only because there was no option to just bring my cat.
That’s it, you’re done! Now you can share your dream vacation entry on Facebook, Twitter, or via email for extra sweepstakes entries.
Dreaming of Walt Disney World … photo by dawnashley on Flickr via CC.
I was just talking with a friend about how it has been over a year since we returned from our honeymoon, and I’m jonesin’ to plan another vacation. I remember when we were planning for our Mediterranean cruise, and even our Disney Cruise to Mexico a few years back. I would research itineraries, read past trip reports for our stops and our ships, and would check in on our meet up thread pretty much every day! I love cruises because you can connect with other travelers on your same sailing and make friends before you even get on board! If you’re taking a cruise I highly recommend looking up your meet up thread on Cruise Critic, or if you’re doing a Disney cruise you can find a meet up thread for your sailing on DisBoards. I know a lot of people don’t like to plan out their vacations down to the last detail, and that’s okay … but I am NOT one of those people! I am a huge planner because I don’t want to miss out on anything. Planning a vacation definitely makes me happy … almost as happy as actually BEING on the vacation (almost).
With both Mr. BFT and I working as freelancers now, it’s tough to justify spending the money on a vacation, let alone figure out the best time to plan one. It’s difficult to plan when you never know when your next job is coming from, and you don’t want to ever have to turn any income down! But it’s so important to take a break every now and then, even if it seems extra stressful to do so! Everyone needs to recharge and relax now and then. That’s why Mr. BFT and I keep a separate vacation fund in our bank account. We try to put something in there every week … sometimes it’s just a couple dollars, but if Mr. BFT gets an unexpected commission check (best mail surprise ever!), then we can add a little more! That way when an opportunity comes up or if we suddenly feel we just have to get away, some money is already there, waiting to be spent! It may seem discouraging to look at your vacation bank account and only be able to add $20 at a time … but that’s just the start, and you have to remember it will grow!
So to recap:
- Start a separate and specific vacation fund.
- Check your calendar to see if there’s a time you can plan a getaway – then start researching destinations!
- Enter the RCI Win Your Dream Vacation Sweepstakes.
- One lucky winner will win the grand prize vacation of their dreams (worth up to $25,000 [that’s a lot of Dole Whips!]).
- 39 others will win other amazing vacation prizes.
- Don’t forget to share your vacation on social media for additional entries!
- Sweepstakes ends on June 18, 2014.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.