Are you a Disney bride or groom getting married between 6-12 months from now? Do you have a passion for writing and want to document your wedding planning? Do you want to get more involved with the Disney Weddings community? If the answer to all these questions is a resounding “YES” then I have an opportunity for you!
This Fairy Tale Life is looking for a few actively planning brides and grooms to join our team as Real Disney Wedding Contributors! I’ve been part of the Disney Weddings community for over five years now and I know every Disney wedding has a beautiful and unique story behind it. If you’d like to share your story and impart your wedding wisdom to future Disney brides and grooms, I would love to have you come aboard as a contributor!
I’m looking for anyone having a Disney wedding – that includes any Disney Park, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, and even “at-home” Disney themed weddings or vow renewals – between September 2017 and March 2018 who would be excited to write about all aspects of their wedding. This could include (but certainly not limited to) your proposal story, your initial thoughts and worries about getting married at Disney, DIY projects, guest/in-laws/attendants drama, budget woes, showers or bachelor/ette parties, rehearsal dinner decisions, honeymoon plans, wedding day recap, and post-wedding thoughts and advice.
The right candidates will:
- Be having a Disney wedding between September 2017 and March 2018.
- Are under contract with your venue (exceptions could be made for Escape weddings).
- Have excellent writing skills and a passion for sharing your stories and ideas.
- Commit to writing at least one article a month, including at least one article post-wedding, for a total of six articles.
- Be familiar with WordPress (optional but highly encouraged).
- Take great photos (optional but highly encouraged).
- Understand we are looking for guest contributors and this is not a paid gig … but it could lead to paid gigs in the future! And you would earn my undying love and gratitude, which has to be worth something … right?
If you want to apply, please send a writing sample to email@example.com before March 20, 2017. The writing sample should include an introduction of yourself and your partner, and your wedding date, location, budget, and a few details. Please also share a short story (one or two paragraphs) regarding some aspect of your wedding planning. It could be your proposal story, how you chose your venue, or something interesting about your planning journey thus far. Please include “TFTL Contributor Application” in the subject line.
In a perfect world, I would love to have four contributors – one each from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, DCL/Aulani, and at-home. But I am looking forward to working with any candidates who are excited to share their planning process! Thanks, everyone!
Photo by Root Photography