Updated: As of early 2016, the In Park Escape wedding package is not being offered. You can always ask your sales consultant at Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings about it, but it sounds like couples are no longer being offered this option.
As of early 2014, Court of Angels is no longer being offered as an In-Park Escape Wedding option, but Sleeping Beauty’s Castle has been added instead! Click here to read the update.
STOP THE PRESSES! I have mega-huge Disneyland Wedding news! I received some intel today about a new wedding package offering for The Disneyland Resort and I was able to confirm same with the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (DFTW) office. So here it is …. *drumroll* …..
We are thrilled that you may be interested in a Disneyland park Escapes Wedding! In 2013, the Disneyland Park Escapes package is available for only $15,000.00 inclusive of tax and service charge, and have a maximum of 20 people (including the bride & groom). We can currently book Hotel or In-Park Escapes Packages within a 6 month time period, Mondays-Thursdays excluding holidays and peak wedding dates.
Your day would begin with meeting your Photographer and Special Activities Guide at your Dressing Room and be escorted to the Main Entrance, where they will then escort you and up to 18 of your Wedding Guests into Disneyland Park and to your Ceremony location. Upon arriving to your standing-room only Ceremony venue, your Harpist and Officiant will be waiting, and your Ceremony may begin! At the conclusion of your 30-minute Ceremony, we will then give you the opportunity to take photographs for a short while, before your party is personally escorted down Main Street and out of Disneyland Park to a Hotel location where your Reception awaits! You and your guests will enjoy a Champagne or Cider Toast, a delicious Three Course Meal, and Delicious Wedding Cake, for up to a 3 hour Reception.
So for $15,000 inclusive you get an in-park ceremony, Monday through Thursday, for 18 guests. This is during park hours, so no forcing guests to wake up at 7am or stay up until midnight for your in-park wedding. Potential ceremony times are 10am, 11am, 12 noon, or 1pm.
Your next question may be, What are the possible ceremony locations? Sadly, Sleeping Beauty’s Castle is not an option, but the ceremony locations are pretty great.
The Court of Angels is already a very popular spot in Disneyland for engagement photos, so it makes sense that this would be the perfect spot for a wedding ceremony.
The Dream Suite Patio, when it was open to the public, was one of my favorite secret hideaways in the Park. A wedding ceremony in this location would be a dream come true for me! (Note that this location does NOT include access to the interior of the Dream Suite.)
Potential other locations will be considered (the Haunted Mansion Fast Pass queue and aboard the Mark Twain come to mind) but of course nothing is guaranteed.
Here’s what’s included for your $15,000:
- Wedding Photographer (includes 2 Photographers and Digital Book with up to 90 Photos)
- Bridal Bouquet & Groom Boutonniere
- (1) Dressing Room/Meeting Location for your Theme Park Escorts and Photographer
- Wedding Officiant
- Ceremony Harpist
- Background Music in Reception Room
- Champagne or Cider Toast
- Three Course Plated Meal
- Two-tier Wedding Cake
- Standard set up of tables, chairs, linens, china, flatware, glassware, and the option of a standard dance floor
- Hosted Self Parking for all Guests at the Hotel Reception Self-Parking Lot
- Disneyland Park Ceremony Venue Fee & Hotel Reception Venue Fee
Optional add-ons include:
- Personal Flowers: Additional Bouquets & Boutonnieres, Corsages for Mothers/Grandmothers/Honored Guests (Note: No décor is permitted for In-Park Ceremonies)
- Reception Décor: Upgraded linens, Chair Covers or Upgraded Chairs, Centerpieces, Favors for your Guests
- Mickey & Minnie Mouse appearance at Reception Cake Cutting Moment
- Reception Music options: Disney DJ or iPod patch
- Food and Beverage Options: Bar at Reception, White Chocolate Castle Cake Topper, Vendor Meals (Vendors will not be included in the guest count if you provide them with a Vendor Meal)
Aside from your ceremony being in-park, it seems like all the basic guidelines are the same as the regular Escape package. It’s great that a photographer is included in the package and I’m very curious what a “digital book” entails.
Needless to say, I am very excited about this offering and might be already mind-planning our 5 year Vow Renewal on that Dream Suite patio. On a separate note, I can’t help but wonder why this isn’t advertised on the DFTW website and hasn’t been announced on the Ever After blog (if it has, I missed it, and I really don’t think I would miss something like this). Further proof that Disneyland weddings get no love!